UDP re-elects Darboe as party leader
The United Democratic Party (UDP) has re-elected Lawyer Ousainu Darboe as secretary general and party leader at a congress held at Janjanbureh in the Central River Region (CRR) over the weekend.
Mr. Darboe will lead the party in the next four years after which a congress will be held in the build-up to the 2026 presidential election.
There were a few constitutional amendments and resolutions passed at the Congress.
- All youth position holders must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years. Anyone about 35 years is not considered a youth and will not qualify for any position in the youth wings.
- That all UDP members will contribute a minimum of D5 per month and only members with up to date subscription will be qualify to contest for positions in the Party structures.
- That all Regional Chairpersons are now automatically Members of the National Executive.
- To set up a Disciplinary Committee to discipline members who flaunt rules and regulations of Party. Members who take on to the social media insulting people will be dealt with accordingly.
- National Congress will be held every 2 years however the elections of officials will be held every 4 years.
All the Executive members finally went unopposed after some negotiations.
The following have been elected to different positions at different executive levels:
UDP NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- NATIONAL PRESIDENT: – YAMUNDOW JAYE YARBOE
- 1ST VICE PRESIDENT: – BA JAMBA BOJANG
- 2ND VICE PRESIDENT: ROHEY MALICK LOWE
- SECRETARY GENERAL AND PARTY LEADER: – ANM OUSAINU DARBOE
- DEPUTY SECRETARY GENERAL AND PARTY LEADER: – MARIAM B. SECKA
- SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY: ALHAGIE S. DARBO
- DEPUTY SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY: YA KUMBA JAITEH
- NATIONAL TREASURE: AMADOU SANNEH
- DEPUTY NATIONAL TREASURE: MUHAMMED MAHANERA
- NATIONAL ORGANIZING SECRETARY: – TALIB AHMED BENSOUDA
- DEPUTY NATIONAL ORGANIZING SECRETARY: EBRIMA DIBBA
- ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY LEGAL AND HUMAN RIGHT MATERS: – ALMAMI FANDING TAAL
- DEPUTY ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY LEGAL HUMAN RIGHTS MATTERS: BORRY S. TOURAY
- ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY EXTERNAL AFFAIRS: – MBOGE SAIDYKHAN
- DEPUTY ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY EXTERNAL AFFAIRS:- LAMIN MANNEH
- ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY FINANCE AND ECONOMIC AFFAIRS: – LAMIN K.T JAMMEH
- DEPUTY ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY FINANCE AND ECONOMIC AFFAIRS: – FATOU CHAM
- ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY SOCIAL AND FUND RAISING: ZAINAB DIAB GHANIM
- DEPUTY ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY SOCIAL AND FUND RAISING: LAMIN J.K SANNEH
- ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION: – TOMBONG SAIDY
- DEPUTY ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION: – YANKUBA DARBOE
- CAMPAIGN MANAGER: MOMODOU SABALLY
- DEPUTY CAMPAIGN MANAGER: – BABUCARR LOPPY JAMMEH
- AUDITOR: LANDING B. SANNEH
- DEPUTY AUDITOR: ALHAGIE GIBBA
- NATIONAL PRESIDENT WOMEN’S WING: AJA SUKAINA KAH
- 1ST VICE PRESIDENT WOMEN’S WING: – NOGOIE NJIE
- 2ND VICE PRESIDENT WOMEN’S WING: – ADAMA JALLOW
- SECRETARY GENERAL WOMEN’S WING: JONFOLO JABBIE
- NATIONAL PRESIDENT YOUTH WING: HAGI SAWANEH
- 1ST VICE PRESIDENT: BABUCARR FULUS DRAMMEH
- 2ND VICE PRESIDENT: HABIB CEESAY
- SECRETARY GENERAL YOUTH WING: BUBACARR KANTEH
- NATIONAL FEMALE YOUTH PRESIDENT: BINTA SENGHORE
- 1ST VICE FEMALE YOUTH PRESIDENT: KADIJATOU NJIE
- 2ND VICE FEMALE YOUTH PRESIDENT:- AJA SIDIBEH
- SECRETARY GENERAL FEMALE YOUTH WING: – Mariama Suso
Source: The Point