Nigeria: man electrocuted to death

Nigeria: man electrocuted to death

By Ahmad Hadizat Omayoza, Mamos Nigeria

A middle-aged man was electrocuted to death on Tuesday while repairing a power outage at his neighbor’s house in Obantoko area of ​​Abeokuta, the Ogun state capital.

It was learned that Mr. Elijah Adenekan of Unity Estate, Aregbe area of ​​Obantoko, Odeda Local Government Area of ​​the state, had hired an electrician to help him repair an electrical fault.

There was a power outage when the electrician climbed the pole, but the power was restored while he was working.

He is said to have hit a bare wire, lost his balance and crashed to the ground, dying at the scene.

A community source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said residents were evacuated in the ensuing panic, adding that the incident was reported to Aregbe police station.

Sources said, “He was an electrician hired to help fix a power outage at Mr. Elijah Adenekan’s house. “He was a great person,” he said.

“Before we started connecting, there was no power. But while we were doing that, power was restored. He got an electric shock. People in the community initially fled, but Adenekan later reported the incident to Aregbe police station before joining up with members of the community development association. When contacted on, the State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Omolola Odutola, confirmed the incident in a telephone conversation with our correspondent.

No Comments

Post A Comment

Translate »