Lagos woman dies after drinking pesticide

Lagos woman dies after drinking pesticide

By Zuleihat Owuiye, Mamos Nigeria

The Lagos State Police Command on Friday confirmed the death of a 39-year-old woman, Lilian Nwarache, who ingested pesticide in Iwaya area of ​​Lagos State. It is said that she was frustrated by her illness.

Ms. Nuwarache suffered from a long-term illness and she allegedly sought healing at a church in Iwaya, but her illness consumed her and on November 3, 2023, she poured herself a bottle of pesticide. I drank it.

It is said that after she drank her insecticide, she tried to jump into the canal, but she was stopped by a passerby and taken to the hospital, where her doctor pronounced her dead.

Police spokesperson Benjamin Hundein said three passports of the deceased were found in the bag, along with a Samsung mobile phone.
He said, “It was reported on Friday, around 2 pm, at the Sabo police station, that a woman, 39-year-old, with an unknown address, committed suicide.

“She had been having a protracted illness and visited a church for prayers.
“But while in the frustrating condition, she drank a full bottle of a popular brand of insecticide and was making frantic efforts to jump into the canal.
“She was prevented and rushed to the health centre Iwaya where she was confirmed dead by a medical doctor on duty.”

“Detectives were immediately sent to the scene. Photographs were taken, the insecticide plastic containing little content, her three passports and one Samsung phone were recovered in her small bag.”

Hundeyin disclosed that efforts were in progress to contact her family members, while her corpse had been deposited at the Lagos Mainland Hospital Mortuary for an autopsy.

“Her body has been transferred to the Lagos Mainland Hospital Mortuary for preservation and autopsy.

“Efforts are currently being made to contact the family and preliminary investigations are also being conducted. ” he added.

No Comments

Post A Comment

Translate »