A serious fire outbreak occurred at the Ministry of Fisheries in Banjul on Monday morning. Despite the quick intervention of the Fire and Rescue Services to put off the fire, a major damage was already done as a lot materials were engulfed in the fire.
An eyewitness, Omar SM Gibba, who is the Deputy Permanent Secretary (Technical) at the said Ministry, said the fire started in the office of the minister.
“ I am an eyewitness because while I was sitting in the office of the Minister and talking to him, smoke started coming out from the minster ‘s toilet, which eventually turned out to be a fire disaster. I really don’t know the cause of the fire incident but maybe it could be an electrical spark,” he explained.
Written by Mamos Tv